1.27.2011

apartment dreaming

I've never had my own apartment (still living at home with the parents). But that doesn't keep me from dreaming of how I would decorate it someday...

Case in point: this IKEA bedroom! I love the dark, warm and luxurious feel of it. And it has everything I'm loving at the moment:

Dusky pink-purple walls.
Oversized curtains in a complimentary color
Dark, simple furniture
Dressing table with stool and cozy sheepskin rug underneath
Large gold-framed mirror
Dimmed side wall lamps
Miscellaneous jewelry stacked and hanging around
That perfect combination of "pretty messy"
Four poster bed piled with pillows
Tiny chandelier

Unfortunately, I think my fiancé would hate this room. And I admit that I'm not much of a girly-girl and, though this room is decidedly girly, it's just enough for me...

I also have to admit that when you get right down to it, absolutely none of these things are "necessities." But one day, one day, when I can afford to get away with it, this is what I'll have!

Source: IKEA

5 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Gorgeous :)

I have a deep red on the walls of my bedroom. I love the colour but after 7 years I am ready for something a little lighter, esp. here in the NW. But I do have my dining room painted the same colour and LOVE it :)

It is fun to have a room of your own to decorate, one day you will :)

Have a lovely Day, T. :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

i would have never in a million guessed that was ikea. how wonderful! thanks for breaking my boxed mentality, so awesome to realize it too can have a sophisticated look. cheers lades, nice one! loving the jewelry draped around. ♥

Anonymous said...

It's going to be such a great experience for you to finally move out and get your own space! And finally I can be jealous of your apt. posts... :)

k said...

I think I need dark and cozy too. I did white/light for bedroom this time around!

rachel said...

wow! usually I like much lighter, airy bedrooms, but this one is amazing. love the colors and all the details...