12.13.2010

weekend recap

Hello! It's Monday again! And it's the last working Monday for me before Christmas! Hopefully this week doesn't go by too slowly...

My weekend wasn't too exciting; it was mostly spent reading. I've been stuck on yet another book, Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West. Don't get me wrong, it's good and I don't want to give up on it. But as I was reading I all of the sudden realized I didn't really know what had happened in the last 25 pages! So I started completely over, but it's still taking awhile. It's one of those books you have to read in a completely silent room with no distractions - you can't just pick it up and start reading on your lunch break or while you're waiting at the doctor's office. For me, at least, it seems to require discipline and strict attention and sometimes I have to read a passage a few times to really get it. I mentioned this to the friend who let me borrow the book, telling her I was feeling pretty stupid, but she assured me that it took her about a month to read and that she had to reread a few things too! So I'm not feeling so dumb anymore. But I still hope to finish it within the next few days...

Source: 1. Dante Busquet 2. Green Island Studios

3 comments:

Laura Evans said...

happy monday chica ... love the snow pictures! have a super fabulous week. xx

the runaway romantique said...

gorgeous photos, love the snowflakes! you have such a pretty blog with pretty pictures :) would you like to follow each other? happy monday too!

- the runaway

k said...

that b&w snowflake pic is sooo pretty!! good luck with the book :) I'm reading Vanity Fair