1.16.2012

a change

source

As you've all probably already noticed, I'm being a bad blogger. Yet again. I haven't read any other blogs in about two weeks and haven't even known what to post on here. There are definitely things going on in my life, in fact, more things than ever before. (Which might be just the reason that I feel such a disconnection from blogging - whenever real life starts to happen, I'd much rather live it than talk about it.) But seeing as I never tend get too personal on here, I don't really feel like writing about everything that's happening to me. The idea of talking about my life is exhausting, especially when I don't even know who I'm writing it for.

In short, I'm having very little motivation to continue blogging. I don't have as much free time as I did before I moved out here, and when I do, I'd rather be spending my time with Sean or reading or watching movies or getting out and exploring my new city. When I think of having to spend over an hour each day catching up on all the blogs I follow, it makes me put it off. And put it off. And put it off. Until one day it's been a few weeks since I last blogged and I force myself to catch up. I don't enjoy it as much as I used to and I rarely have any pictures that I'm very excited to post about anymore, my own or others'.

So, I'm seriously considering not blogging anymore, here on The Lighthouse Keeper or on my other blog. Which saddens me because I've really enjoyed the many inspirations I've received and the connections I've made and, at one point, it was such an integral part of my day. Though in reality, I can still keep in touch with those people outside of blogging, so it doesn't really matter. I don't feel anything keeping me here anymore.

Of course, I haven't completely made up my mind yet. If anything, I'll still continue posting to my photography blog, but it won't be very frequent. We shall see.

13 comments:

samantha ramage said...

aw, i will miss you andrea! your blog has been such a beautiful inspiration =)

i have started a new job that has taken me away from the computer as opposed to being in front of it all day, every day. it's kind of refreshing! i see what you mean!

xo
sami

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

Aw, this saddens me too. But I completely understand and have the same thoughts from time to time. If you decide to stay away, just know that we will miss you and your beautiful photos! xo

rachel said...

I'm always sad when I see a blogger stop blogging, but on the other hand, I think you should really do what's right for you, and put your time/energy into whatever's most important in your life. (But I hope you stay.)

Hope all is well with you, andrea!

SreeBindu said...

all the best :)

xoxo
http://sreebindu.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

Crap. I'm going to miss you. I love your posts - they're lighthearted, inspirational, and beautiful. I understand how you want to be more involved in your "real" life, and it'll be good for you, and Sean. I know the blog world can be overwhelming, but maybe you can just scale back, and not leave completely? Your choice though...

PhotoGrunt said...

Hey Andrea,

I think I know how you feel.

Blogging can be such a time-grabber, and if it's grabbing time, there's only one place that time can come from...your life.

The answer, I think, is to give yourself permission to be selfish, and in this context being selfish is not a bad thing.

Live your life, blog if you feel like it, blog if you're inspired, blog if you have something to share, not because you feel obligated. Blogs and forums will gladly take everything you offer, to the point of sucking you dry. They are under no obligation to give anything back.

Live your life.

Blog if you feel like it, but live your life.

Steve

Molly Page said...

As sad as I am to read this post. I totally understand. (obviously, I'm reading this 2+ weeks after you posted for similar reasons you're talking about!!)
Hope life is full of good and you have lots of love and support to get you through the hard stuff!

Mika said...

GO... LIVE!
You'll come back when you need to, and when you want to.
M x

Yasemin said...

Ohhh Great ... :)

k said...

i felt like this for a long long time. but getting back in to it now, i'm realizing that i totally miss the community that i created for myself, and some people i miss so much!!! i think i'm getting back in to it but in a much more balanced way. and if i can be a crappy blogger for 6 months and the people that i care about are still following along, they will be there if i don't feel like blogging for a few days. i think i'm just more relaxed about it now!

geeta said...

I'd miss your beautiful finds too, they are truly inspirational! But there is so much more to life- enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hello

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog format! How lengthy have you been blogging for?

you make blogging look easy. The total glance of your web site is wonderful,
let alone the content material!

Feel free to visit my web blog :: edetik.com