11.07.2011

weekend recap

1, 2

I apologize for the lack of posts at the end of last week! The internet was down and I kinda didn't know what to do with myself... You'd think I'd get a lot of reading done, but for some reason I didn't. (Though I'm falling real hard for Cold Mountain.)

So, since you last heard from me:

After having a cold for the past two weeks, I almost feel completely better (finally). I took my own advice and finally went to the Legion of Honor museum (free on Tuesdays). I might have my first photo assistant job this weekend (fingers crossed). I've decided that the holiday peanut butter M&Ms and cherry cordial M&Ms are the best things ever (especially when mixed together). I attended the Williams-Sonoma holiday meeting last night and met a lot of co-workers and already made one friend!

And now I'm off to my very first day at work! I don't know what to expect, though of course it's mostly training right now. I hope I don't feel too overwhelmed and inadequate, especially since I've never worked retail (unless you count that one day) and it's been six years since I last used a cash register. So far I've gotten an incredibly good vibe from everyone and really like my manager who seems so helpful and understanding and extremely easy to talk to. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

k said...

that will be like the best job but don't go crazy with the discount!! :)

M Violetta said...

Good luck with your first day!
This time next week you and that cash register will feel like old friends....
I love the 2nd image - it's so warm!