1.03.2011

weekend recap

It's 2011 and back to my normal working life. The holidays and vacation days are over. My love has returned to Florida after two weeks, the longest we've been together in over three years. How I miss him...

Everything seems empty now: his toothbrush is no longer next to mine, his sketchbooks are no longer sitting on my shelves, his action figures are no longer crowding my desk, and his clothes are no longer littering my floor. At the time it drove me just a tiny bit crazy (I'm a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to my personal space), but now I miss his stuff being everywhere. But I know everything will go back to normal in a little while, I'll fall into that habit of not having him around, the routine of missing him and calling him and taking pictures for him.

But things are beginning to change for us, that long road of finally being together is turning and about to end. So it was a bit easier this time. The longest we usually ever have together is a week and we find ourselves freaking out that the time went so fast, that it felt as if I just picked him up and wondering where it all went? Getting an extra week with him helped a lot.

Source: leslie*thomson

3 comments:

Laura Evans said...

i'm so excited for you guys ... & to hear where this journey is taking you. it's such a wonderful special time. makes me all giggly! hehehe

samantha ramage said...

love it! i just finished reading the summer book! it was adorable! can't wait to see what else you're up to!

xo
sami

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

Aww, I'm sorry he had to leave. Happy to hear you had a little more time with him than usual :) xo