1.20.2011

the green monster

So... Guess what I've been drinking lately! Green smoothies. And I mean green. So green that I don't know if I should be in awe of how pretty the green is, or repulsed.

Repulsive-looking or not, they are actually really good and really good for you! I tried one recipe a few months back but it called for so many different fruits and other ingredients that my poor little blender couldn't handle it and the smoothie turned out lumpy with flecks of spinach floating around. Not so great.

But I came across a much simpler, better and cheaper recipe the other day (via Tales of Me and the Husband) and I've been drinking them ever since!

1 cup milk (cow's milk, almond, soy, hemp, rice, etc)
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
2 handfuls organic spinach
1 banana
1-3 ice cubes

You can find this recipe and more on the Green Monster Movement blog!

Source: blue67pony

5 comments:

Janette said...

I'm battling a cold right now..and that looks AMAZING! I want it! But have no spinach. Can I use lettuce?

k said...

I have seen these everywhere! I need a blender.

huong said...

yeah that actually looks really really good. I'll need to try this!

Charlotte said...

Wow, that actually looks... good! I can't make smoothies through, because I have an unnatural fear of the blender.

Also, I recently began to follow Tales of Me and the Husband. Once again, the blogosphere is connected!

Anonymous said...

A drink of Spinach & Bananas?? And you drink it by choice?? and you like it?? Good for you Andrea! You are braver than me by far!!
xo