8.23.2010

what katie ate

I'm not much of a cook, but every now and then I come across a recipe that I have to try. Case in point: Conchiglie Pasta with Mushrooms and Parmesan Cream Sauce on Katie Quinn Davies' food blog. I've already professed my love for her food photography, and now I'm professing my love for her recipe choices. Though my result didn't turn out nearly as pretty as hers (mine was more of a gooey mash-up of ingredients), it definitely tasted good! I paired it with a nice cheap (but good) bottle of Chardonnay!

Oh, and just in case you're wondering: I bought all of the ingredients (excluding the wine of course) at Wal-Mart for a grand total of $17.30. There were about 6-7 servings, so I thought this was a rather inexpensive meal overall! (Though I'm not used to shopping for and cooking an entire meal so I may be naive about this...)

1 comment:

Katie Quinn Davies said...

Hey Andrea - thanks for trying the recipe and for the posting :)