6.20.2010

day 10 - a picture i took at one time that i love

A couple years ago I was hired to do my first bridal shoot. I was extremely nervous but excited at the same time because the bride hired me for my personal style. She didn't want "traditional" bridal portraits, she wanted my vision. Which was such a relief! I did several different setups in the studio, along with several different ones outside in different locations.

They may not seem like much, but the ones I did on the plain white background are my favorites! I feel like my photography professors would probably kill me for leaving out so much detail in her dress, but I personally love how the white flows into the white of the background. And I love these because they are straight-on, very rigid and serious, and old-fashioned but still with a modern, clean feel to them.

My boyfriend says they remind him of those old portraits where people had to be strapped to a chair or background so that they wouldn't be blurry because the exposure was so long. Which is also why they didn't smile; they would've had to smile for several uncomfortable minutes.

You can see more of my favorites from the shoot here.

Source: Andrea Despot

2 comments:

k said...

i love your clean style!

Anonymous said...

Nice series, I checked them out on your site (I love how simple and clean your site's design is!! Great!) You brought out her beauty in all those images! (And that dress is to die for!!)