6.24.2010

city of angels

Wings of Desire is, by far, one of my favorite films ever. The inspiration for the Nicolas Cage/Meg Ryan hit, City of Angels, it is infinitely better. The concept of longing for life and love is the same, but other than that, it hardly bears any resemblance to the original. Wings of Desire is a more visually stunning film, alternating between black & white and color. It's quieter, subtler, deeper. I don't think I can recommend it enough...

Anyway. Back on track. I recently came across this gorgeous purple-tinged Wings of Desire/City of Angels-inspired photo spread.

Source: Peter Lindbergh

2 comments:

Punctuation Mark said...

i love both movies... one is more deep that the other for sure... the images are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I heard that about Wings of Desire, but have yet to watch it... I should though....
The photo spread is gorgeous!