5.14.2010

expressions

Almost every year for the past eight years I've participated in the annual Expressions exhibit at the local art gallery. It's an open-entry juried art exhibit that features work by local and regional artists. I first started entering back in high school and I won a few High School Student Awards and Purchase Awards the first few years. I haven't won anything since then, but it's still fun to enter and a great honor to have my work seen by so many people.

I've entered yet again this year, and tonight is the opening reception and awards ceremony! I try not to get my hopes up about winning anything, but I always end up feeling nervous and excited. I also try not to feel too bad about not winning, because everyone's aesthetic style and taste is different, but I usually feel a bit disappointed. I know that winning isn't everything, but it would be really wonderful to win one of the major awards at least once!

So, these are the two photographs that I've entered. I'll let you know how it goes...

Source: Andrea Despot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like both your entries, and I'll keep my fingers crossed you finally win that coveted award :)
Good luck, and have fun tonight